Need more evidence that girls’ education matters? Here are some powerful facts from one of my favourite organizations, Room to Read.
Whether or not a girl stays in school has an astounding effect on not simply her quality of life, but that of her future family and community.
- Educated women earn more
- Providing girls with one extra year of education beyond average boosts her wages by 10-20%.
- Educated women are healthier
- An extra year of girls’ education can reduce infant mortality by 5-10% and can reduce the spread of illness and disease.
- Educated women help their country’s economy
- When 10% more girls go to school, a country’s GDP increases, on average, by 3%.
YOU can be the difference in a girl’s life. RoomtoRead.org
Until next time.